HEX™ Drum Filters, exclusively distributed in North America by Integrated Aqua Systems, incorporate the latest innovations in microscreen drum filtration technology. Advanced engineering features and construction included in the HEX drum filter are a culmination of 30 years of aquaculture experience and development by industry leading engineers and biologists. As a result of these refinements, the HEX drum filter is built to last even in the harshest conditions and designed to operate more efficiently with energy, water usage, lower operational maintenance cost and significantly improved filtration capacity compared to other traditional drum filters on the market today.
HEX DESIGN HIGHLIGHTS:
- X Series Drum Filters offer superior corrosion resistance than any other drum filter on the market, with it’s heavy-duty reinforced construction manufactured entirely of HDPE and engineered plastics, the filters are perfect for even the harshest saltwater and salt air environments. Models available up to X5-10 with 50 HEX panels.
- Superior Filtration Capacity results from the combination of our patented HEX microscreen panels with advanced drum filter technology. The unique BeeCell panel utilizes nature’s own design to provide the strongest and most efficient microscreen filter on the market.
- Intelligent Controls Maximize Filter Efficiency utilizing less energy to rotate the drum and optimizing backwash water usage with most optimal panel area utilization.
- Scalable & Customizable with a complete range of commercial filter capacities, configurations and features available, HEX product line can meet the most demanding requirements in any drum filter application.
Drum Filter Controls Integration, Spare Parts Inventory and full customer support in our Vista, CA USA Facility.
HEX Drum Filters are available in a complete product range, manufactured as model X1-1 with a single panel up to F5-18 with 90 panels. X Series is available in sizes up to X5-10 with 50 panels (total screen area 0.46 - 23.0m2). Largest HEX drum filter models are FXL series from model F5-12 (60 panels) with 27.6m² screen area up to model F5-18 (90 panels) with 41.4m² total screen surface area. HEX microscreen panels are available from 10 micron to 1000 micron, with a flow range capacity from 44 – 38,000 gpm (10 – 8732 m3/hr) of water in a single unit. Largest capacity range of any drum filter manufacturer on the market.
HEX STANDARD FEATURES:
- X Series filters featuring no metal panel straps and reinforced POM/PE plastic drum structure for better stability and corrosion resistance. Virtually non-metallic design with more open area for filtration. Water lubricated support wheels reduce maintenance requirement and HDPE lid reduces noise and corrosion.
- No Maintenance Gear Wheel Drive System (DDGW) uses plastic gear wheels which require zero lubrication maintenance to provide reliable, smooth, energy efficient operation. No more oil baths, rusty chains, or chains that can break!
- Patented HEX Panels: Provide up to 20% more filtration capacity in the same footprint compared to traditional filters. More open area and stronger cell construction than traditional filters.
- HEX3 Support Wheels: Solid plastic construction, supporting drum assembly from underneath. Support wheels rotate on a fully captured axle, with water lubricated ceramic bushings. No more over-hung bearings or lubrication needed on all X series drum filters!
- Ceramic Rinse Nozzles: Non-corrosive ceramic material lasts many years, even harsh saltwater conditions.
- Internal High Flow Bypass: Standard tank-type (T) units have a full-flow internal bypass with outlet control weir included. Larger tank versions are available with high capacity internal bypass (LT, XLT). Available with tank models to minimize plumbing installation.
- Comb & Auger System option available for heavy solids removal in the toughest applications
- Upgraded Hardware Package for improved corrosion resistance in warm saltwater applications. 316 stainless steel hardware is standard. Titanium hardware upgrade is available for improved corrosion resistance in warm saltwater applications.
- Inlet & Outlet: Standard is piped or open inlet. Upgrade to ANSI flanged connections up to 36” or docking station.
For more information check out our HEX DRUM FILTER SOLUTIONS BROCHURE or Contact IAS for sizing and application assistance.